Types of Treatment
Metabolic Conditions / Weight Loss
Did you know that our Physical Therapists can help you with recovery from weight loss surgery and lose weight?
You’re thinking that Physical Therapists only deal with things like tennis elbow and rehab from broken bones, right?
Well, we aren’t your average Physical Therapists. We specialize in not only helping you recover from surgery scars and pain, but also can help you work smarter, not harder, to reach your goal weight.
What can we help you with?
- Weight Loss Surgery Scar Pain: After surgery your scar can be tender from the healing process or can adhere to tissue underneath the scar in the abdominal cavity. This leads to pain that restricts movement. Our therapists can work with you to prevent this from happening or reduce this pain.
- Overcoming Barriers to Exercise: It should not hurt to exercise, and often getting past a painful knee or aching feet is the first step to being successful in an exercise program designed to help you lose weight.
- Pelvic Pain: Prolonged pressure on the pelvic floor can cause significant pelvic pain at rest, with movement, and during intercourse. We can work with you to strengthen the pelvic floor and surrounding muscles, reducing or eliminating pain.
- Incontinence: Have you ever experienced urine leakage when getting in and out of your car? Or when standing up from a seated position? This can be caused by a surgery scar adhering to the pelvic floor or bladder, pelvic floor weakness from prolonged belly pressure, or poor muscle control in the pelvis. We can work with you to strengthen your muscles, eliminating that annoying leakage.
- Painful Muscles and Joints: Inactivity, weakness, or prolonged pressure on knees, hips, and back can make any movement very painful and limit your mobility. Our therapists are experts at navigating your aches and pains so that you can fully live your life.
Ready to start feeling like yourself again? Confluent PT is here to help.
Here’s what some of our patients had to say
Dr. Stephen Clark and Tiffany are a great team whose priorities are the well-being of their patients. Dr. Clark’s care extends far beyond the clinic. They have talked with numerous agencies and healthcare providers on my behalf, which allowed me to start therapy within a couple days of finding their clinic. Since I started my…
Stephen Clark to the rescue! He did a full assessment then moved on to different stretches and exercises. I’m 80% better already and hopefully the other 20% is coming with the things he taught me to do at home. I’m sold and will definitely be going back!
Dr. Stephen is very friendly and made me feel positive in the plan of action to resolve my issues.
Dr. Clark made me feel very comfortable and I look forward to starting my therapy.
Dr. Stephen Clark is a true professional. He did not rush my session with him and was very encouraging and insightful. Kudos!!!!
Stephen was excellent & patient with my poor hearing. I felt a connection from the very beginning.
This is the best PT clinic I’ve ever been to. The people are fantastic – knowledgeable, caring, and great at listening. Keeps me coming back!
Enjoyed my initial visit. I look forward to the rest. I was apprehensive PRIOR to my visit but Dr. Clark set my concerns at ease.
Dr. Clark is so compassionate with a caring heart. I enjoyed my visit.
Loved the choice of clinic I made. Happy to be here. Stephen was great and very competent.
Let’s work together as you recover from surgery and lose weight.
Schedule your appointment today.